All the recipes serves 8
CHICKEN IN LEMON AND GARLIC
4 Large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
5 T Spanish olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Zest of 1 lemon, finely pared rind of
1 lemon and juice of both lemons
4 T chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
salt and pepper
lemon wedges and crusty bread, to serve.
1. Slice chicken into think strips.
2. Heat olive in a skillet, then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
3. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
4. Add the sliced chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring from time to time, until all the ingredients are lightly browned and the chicken is tender.
5. Add grated lemon zest and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
6. At the same time, deglaze the skillet by scraping and stirring all the bits on the bottom of the skillet.
7. Remove the from the heat, then stir in the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Serve hot and garnish w/ the lemon zest, lemon slices and some parsley.
Crusty bread for mopping up the juices.