Part two for the DC June Challenge. This brings back memories. My mom makes this for special occasions. I don't have her exact recipe. My version may not be as good as my mom but i know it's close enough! ha!ha! I'm calling this " Filipino Potato Salad".
FOR THE SALAD:
FOR THE SALAD:
1 lb.Yukon Gold Potatoes (washed)
1/4 C Carrots (washed, peeled, diced)
1/4 C Celery (washed, diced, same size as carrots)
1 T Chives (washed and chopped small)
1 small Red onions- you can use sweet/vidalia onions (peeled, minced)
1 dozen Eggs - i used quail eggs (hard cooked). 4 if using regular eggs.
FOR THE DRESSING:
2 C Mayonnaise (start w/ 1/2 then adjust if necessary)
1 T Honey1 1/2 T Pickle Relish
1/4 C Pineapple tidbits (drained but save about 1/2 cup of the juice)
1/2 C Cheddar cheese (diced same size as carrots)
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Boil potatoes in a salted water until cooked for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not too soft. Let the potatoes cool.
2. Mix the salad dressing until you get the consistency you like. Taste and adjust add pineapple juice if needed. Set this aside in the refrigerator while you're prepping the rest of the ingredients.
3. Cut the vegetables in uniform size.
4. Peel potatoes and cut in cubes, bite size.
5. Cook quail eggs in boiling water for 15 minutes. Cool and peel. cut in half.
6. Mix all ingredients. Taste and adjust.
7. I served this w/ grilled mushroom burgers..