For the Patties:
2 lbs. ground lamb
4 oz. blue cheese ( I used Stilton)
3 T finely chopped fresh mint"
1 t salt
1 t ground black pepper
For the rolls:
4 rolls ( i used artisan soft bread and kaiser poppy seeds)
Slices of tomatoes (hamburger cut)
Slices of onions (hamburger cut)
1. Form cheese into round depending on the size of your burger. At least the size of a cherry. Put them aside in the refrigerator.
2. Mix all remaining ingredients.
3. Divide the lamb mixture into four portions, then divide each portions in half.
4. Flatten the portions into eight equal patties.
5. Put the round cheese in the center of four patties.
6. Then cover with the remaining patties, making sure the edges are sealed. This is to prevent the cheese to ooze out of the patties while cooking.
7. Grill or fry on medium heat for at least 6 minutes per side.
8. Assemble your burger on a bun with lettuce, onions and tomatoes.
Kaiser Poppy Seeds Rolls and Artisan Soft Rolls
Ground Lamb, Chopped mint leaves, salt and ground black pepper
Stilton Cheese -