Apples, apples, apples!!!! I've made Apple Chips and Apple Almond Salad , Apple Crumb Muffins and Apple Butter . They were all delicious if i may say so!
This time i made cupcakes which i think look interesting and beautiful. Got the recipe from Cupcake cookbook by Pamela Clark. I like a lot of her recipes so expect for more cupcakes soon=;)
I made a slight adjustment w/ the milk. I find the batter a bit thick so i added 2 more tablespoons of milk. Other than that..the cupcakes were a success!
APPLE CUSTARD TEA CAKES
Recipe from Cupcakes by Pamela Clark
Cake batter:6 T butter - i used unsalted
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/2 C sugar
3/4 C self-rising flour
1/4 C instant vanilla pudding mix
3 T milk - i added 2 tablespoon
1 large unpeeled apple, cored, sliced finely- i used mandoline to have a uniform slice
2 T butter, extra melted
1 1/2 T sugar, extra
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1 1/2 T instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 T sugar
1/2 C milk
1/4 t vanilla extract
1. Make custard. Recipe below.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 6 hole oversize (Texas) or 12 hole standard muffin pan with paper baking cups.
3. Beat butter, vanilla, sugar, eggs flour, pudding mix and milk in small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are just combined. Increase speed to medium, beat until mixture is changed to a paler color.
4. Divide half the mixture among baking cups. Top with custard, then remaining cake mixture; spread mixture to cover custard. Top with apple slices, pressing slightly into cake.
5. Bake large cakes about 40 minutes, small cakes about 30 minutes.
6. Brush hot cakes with extra butter, then sprinkle with combined extra sugar and cinnamon. Turn cakes onto wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Blend pudding mix and sugar with milk and vanilla in small pot; stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat, cover surface with plastic wrap, cool.