BLOGGED DATE: SEPT. 1, 2008
This dish is my go to meal, a quick, easy and yet elegant dish. Ofcourse it's always delish...it's bacooonnnnn and panceetttaaa!!!! what could go wrong?
For the dessert this brought the patience and impatience in me. I scooped the ice cream and placed on a tray w/c should stay in the freezer for few minutes but i opted not to. I spread a generous amount of nutella on two lady fingers. Made an ice cream sandwich sort of, then put some mint leaves in between. By the time i got done w/ the lady finger and nutella spreading..the ice cream started to melt oh boy!!! well, you'll see what i mean... but over all it was a messy goodness, coz i love nutella and ice cream. Got this dessert recipe from Giada de Laurentiis.
SPAGHETTI ALLA CARBONARA
2 T olive oil
1 T butter
1 Cup smoked bacon, sliced into thin sliced (I added pancetta to mine)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
¼ Cup freshly grated Romano cheese
1 T chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
4 T light cream
1 lb/450 g spaghetti noodles
****Recipe didn't call for garlic but i had some garlic on the side while rendering the bacon and pancetta just to get some garlic undertone.Take out the garlic when it starts to brown, use the browned garlic for other dish.
****Pancetta is not in the recipe either but i like it w/ my carbonara, but bacon will suffice, ofcourse.
1. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet over a medium high heat.
2. Add the bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, until browned and crispy.
3. Remove from the heat.
4. Combine the eggs, cheeses, parsley, and cream in a bowl, mixing well. Season with pepper.
5. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and return to the skillet.
6. Quickly add the egg mixture to the pasta, tossing rapidly so that the egg cooks in the heat.
7. Transfer to a warm serving dish.
8. Briefly reheat the bacon over a high heat. Add to the pasta, toss again and serve at once.
Source: Essentials Pasta Sauces
PANCETTA AND BACON RENDERING AWAY!!!
SPAGHETTI ALLA CARBONARA/ PASTA CARBONARA
I served parmesan crisp on the side. Put a teaspoon of shredded parmesan cheese on a silpat or parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for few minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and get a bit brown.
Excuse my silpat, it has been used and abused. I love my silpats
DESSERT INGREDIENTS: NUTELLA, LADY FINGERS, ICE CREAM, MINT LEAVES.
NUTELLA, LADY FINGER ICE CREAM SANDWICH!!!!