Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ASIAN BURGER SLIDERS

***FYI: THE FOLLOWING BLOGS ARE MY BLOGS FROM MYSPACE...I AM MOVING MY MS BLOGS HERE BEFORE I WILL TOTALLY LOSE THEM. YUP, MYSPACE HAS CHANGED, THEY ARE MORE ON THE ENTERTAINMENT NOW.  SO DON'T BE ALARMED THAT THE RECIPES ARE "OFF SEASON" DISHES.

BLOGGED DATE: AUG.12,2009


This recipe is my interpretation of Wolfgang Puck's ASIAN BURGER. I have a fascination w/ slider burgers so i made my patties small enough for Hawaiian bread mini rolls. I made spicy mayo and tomato, cukes and mango salad on the side.


***Warning*** THESE SLIDERS ARE MESSY BUT GOOD!


Serves: 4

Ingredients:

2 lbs. ground beef

2 t curry powder

1 t sugar

2 1/2 T chopped cilantro

4 t scallions, chopped

1 C chopped garlic

2 Thai bird chilies, minced (substitute it w/ jalapeno)

1 1/2 t cumin powder

S&P

8 shitake mushrooms chopped

1/4 C teriyaki sauce

8 Hawaiian mini rolls.

Lettuce

Sliced small sweet or vidalla onions sliced into rings.



1. Mix all ingredients except for lettuce, sliced onion rings and the bread.

2. Take a teaspoon of the mix and fry to check if burger mixture needs more seasoning.

3. Form patties enough to fit in the mini rolls.

4. Cook patties in a hot pan until cooked through or about 5 minutes each side.


Assembly time:

1. Slather some spicy mayo mix on each side of the bread.

2. Arrange onions, tomatoes and lettuce and the burger.


Serve w/ Tomato, Cukes and Mango Salad.


Miracle whip or mayo + Korean red pepper paste = Spicy Mayo



TIP: Don't throw the heels of your sliced bread. I use them to absorb excess oil of the food i'm frying. Just like this burger patty. I like this better than using paper towels.



I used the brown tomato, it tasted just like a regular roma tomato.





We all liked this burger but I can probably add more curry powder and cumin next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment