BLOGGED DATE: AUG.12,2009
This recipe is my interpretation of Wolfgang Puck's ASIAN BURGER. I have a fascination w/ slider burgers so i made my patties small enough for Hawaiian bread mini rolls. I made spicy mayo and tomato, cukes and mango salad on the side.
***Warning*** THESE SLIDERS ARE MESSY BUT GOOD!
2 lbs. ground beef
2 t curry powder
1 t sugar
2 1/2 T chopped cilantro
4 t scallions, chopped
1 C chopped garlic
2 Thai bird chilies, minced (substitute it w/ jalapeno)
1 1/2 t cumin powder
8 shitake mushrooms chopped
1/4 C teriyaki sauce
8 Hawaiian mini rolls.
Sliced small sweet or vidalla onions sliced into rings.
1. Mix all ingredients except for lettuce, sliced onion rings and the bread.
2. Take a teaspoon of the mix and fry to check if burger mixture needs more seasoning.
3. Form patties enough to fit in the mini rolls.
4. Cook patties in a hot pan until cooked through or about 5 minutes each side.
1. Slather some spicy mayo mix on each side of the bread.
2. Arrange onions, tomatoes and lettuce and the burger.
Serve w/ Tomato, Cukes and Mango Salad.
Miracle whip or mayo + Korean red pepper paste = Spicy Mayo
TIP: Don't throw the heels of your sliced bread. I use them to absorb excess oil of the food i'm frying. Just like this burger patty. I like this better than using paper towels.
I used the brown tomato, it tasted just like a regular roma tomato.
We all liked this burger but I can probably add more curry powder and cumin next time.