1/2 lb. brussels sprouts
1/4 C walnuts, roasted
1 C Balsamic vinegar (reduced)
Canola oil, for deep frying
S&P to taste.
1. Heat a pan on a low heat, reduce the balsamic vinegar by half until you achieve a syrup consistency. Set this aside.
2. Wash and pat dry the brussels sprouts.
3. Trim and quarter them lengthwise.
4. Pour enough oil into a pot and heat to 350 degrees.
5. Working in batches, deep-fry the brussels sprouts until the edges begin to curl and brown.
6. Mix the brussels sprouts and the roasted walnuts on a plate. Season w/ a little of salt and pepper.
7. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the mixed brussels sprouts and walnut plate.
This is usually seved as a side dish, but i just love them as a snack as well.