Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Easy and Moist Pumpkin Cake

Yes, It's my kind of cake, Pumpkin cake that is. Why you might ask? It's a two ingredients Pumpkin Cake, and i'm not kidding! I got this recipe from Big Red Kitchen . What caught my attention was her title "Two Ingredients Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze". For those who know me, you will so agree that this is my kind of cake, ha!ha! I got interested but was a bit iffy until i made them last night.

OMGosh...it's so moist and so good! You don't believe me? go ahead and make them, and pls let me know how yours went.

There is just a hint of the pumpkin flavor on the cake that's why for me it's imperative to make a glaze and incorporate the pumpkin pie spice. I followed her apple cider glaze and somehow it has enhanced and help bring out the pumpkin taste to the cake.

Ingredients for the cake:

1 box of yellow cake mix
15 oz pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling.

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine and mix the cake mix and pumpkin puree in a mixer.
Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
Pour batter on a greased pan. ( i used a 7x11 baking dish)
Bake for 28 - 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool before pouring the apple cider glaze.

APPLE CIDER GLAZE:

1 C confectioners sugar
2 T apple cider
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
Blend and mix all ingredients until smooth. Pour over pumpkin cake.

I bought my yellow cake mix from Aldi.
This how it will look like. Really, it's just the mix and the puree!


After baking for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Apple Cider Glaze ingredients

Beautiful huh?




Yes, I added more glaze to my slice!




ENJOY!!!!!!





3 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I've heard of making pumpkin muffins this way but haven't tried it. I'll bet it was really good with that glaze! ~ Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, V! I've reseached and read that this is a Weight Watchers recipe w/c does make sense. I'd consider this a healthy cake don't you think?

    ReplyDelete