Now for this month's challenge, our host Jami Sorrento challenged us to come up with Healthy Potato Salad. I'm so hyped, i made two kinds of Potato Salad.
My first potato salad is something i made based on what i have in my pantry and refrigerator. Measurements on the ingredients are estimates so it'll all depend on the the quantity you will be making and do some adjustments.
I called my first potato salad, MEDITERRANEAN POTATO SALAD, just because of the ingredients. I love, love this salad and will be a keeper, The salad was served with grilled New York Strip Steak.
FOR THE SALAD:
1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes (cleaned)
4 varieties of olives (Kalamata stuffed with garlic, black olives stuffed with anchovies, red olives stuffed with jalapeno, green olives)*
1 T capers2 T parsley (washed and chopped)
1 small red onions (julienne)1 T roasted tomatoes (chopped)
1/3 C red bell peppers (chopped)
1 small jar of artichokes in olive oil (chopped)
1/4 lb. Bulgarian feta cheese ( crumbled)
1/4 lb hot sopressata (rolled and sliced thinly)
*The olives i used are all from the deli/olives and pickles cart. I bought 1/4 lb of each olives.
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE/DRESSING:
1/2 C White balsamic vinegar
1/2 C Olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Boil potatoes in a salted water until cooked for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not too soft. Let the potatoes cool.
2. Mix and whisk well the vinaigrette dressing.
3. Peel and cut potatoes in cubes (bite size).
4. Assemble all the ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette little by little, taste as you mix the salad.Add more dressing if necessary.
5. Served the potato salad warm with grilled NY Strip Steak.
Oh yeah!!!!Flavor profile is awesome... like i said this is a keeper!!
Mediterranean Salad served with Grilled NY Strip Steak