So in honor of the National Mushroom Month, i challenged myself to come up with my own recipe for stuffed mushrooms. I thought of an Asian theme, ha! surprise, surprise! lol! I had some Chinese sausage in the fridge and spinach , so that became my main ingredient for the filling.
Husband and I both love, love these stuffed mushrooms that's why i'm sharing it! You can absolutely substitute Chinese sausage for other variety of sausage such as Polish sausages or Mexican sausages.
These are great as appetizer but if you know us better, it was our dinner served with steamed white rice. Yum!!!!
1 dozen of medium to large button mushrooms (they are in season so you should be able to buy the large ones)
4 pieces of Chinese sausage-lop cheung f :(chopped- you can use the food processor)
1/2 C Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 C Chicharon (Pork rinds/ cracklings) crushed
1/2 cup fresh spinach (cleaned and chopped)
2 T soy sauce ( start w/ 2 T and add more if needed)
2 T unsalted butter
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 small sweet onions (chopped)
water if necessary
*** Salt and pepper aren't necessary, the Chinese sausage has enough of those.
1. Clean / wipe mushrooms w/ damped towel. Take out the stems, chop and these will be part of the filling.
2. On a hot pan, saute the sausage. Stir to brown the sausage, gradually rendering the fat.
3. Stir in the garlic and onions, saute until onions are cooked. Add the chopped mushrooms, stir until mushroom stems are cooked and all mixture are incorporated.
4. Add in 2 T soy sauce, taste and add more if needed. The sausages are already seasoned that's why soy sauce should be added little by little. Add little water if you think the filling is too dry.
5. Remove from heat, fold in the chopped spinach and let cool. Right before stuffing add the panko bread crumbs.
6. Put diced butter in the mushroom cups before adding the filling. This will make mushrooms moist.
7. Stuff all mushroom cups then top with crushed chicharon
8. Bake at 360 degrees F for 45 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked.
9. Drizzle w/ sriracha or soy sauce. Enjoy!!!
Like i mentioned...we served this w/ rice!
Ready for the oven!
Yummy with sriracha!
Love the crunchy texture of the chicharon,