Ingredients for the cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/4 C water
1/3 C oil
1 ripe banana (cubed)
1 C crushed pineapple drained
1/2 C roasted sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 C roasted chopped pecans
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
2. Follow the cake mix box instructions to make the cake batter.
3. Add in the chopped banana, crushed pineapple, walnuts and coconut. Stir and mix until combined.
4. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake until golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cupcakes have cooled, top each cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting. Decorate with dried pineapple flowers. Serve at room temperature.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Ingredients for the frosting:
1 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 lb powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes 3 cups
1. Beat cream cheese and vanilla until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add butter, beating until incorporated.
2. Reduce mixer speed to low. Slowly add sugar, beating until incorporated. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.
Makes about 3 dozens depending on the size of your pineapple.
Ingredients for pineapple blooms/flowers:
1 Fresh ripe pineapple peeled.
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with nonstick baking mats or parchment paper.
2. Using a small melon baller, remove pineapple "eyes." Using a sharp knife, cut pineapple crosswise into very thin slices. Transfer slices to baking sheets. Bake until tops look dried, about 30 minutes. Flip slices; bake until completely dried, 25 to 30 minutes more. Let cool in a small muffin pans to form flowers. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days.