2 bunches of kangkong leaves, cleaned*
½ c corn starch
1 c tapioca flour – you can use All Purpose flour for substitute
1 c water
pinch of S&P
pinch of paprika
Canola oil for frying
1. Clean kangkong thoroughly.
2. Remove leaves from stem, set aside.
3. Combine cornstarch, tapioca flour, water and the seasonings. Mix until smooth/pancake batter consistency. Taste and adjust, re-season if needed.
4. Heat oil to at least 250 degrees F on medium high.
5. Dip kangkong leaves one at a time in batter and fry until crispy.
BEST SERVED W/ A SPECIAL DIP
½ c Mayonnaise
½ C Banana Ketchup – Use regular ketchup for substitute
1 clove garlic – minced
S&P to taste
Mix all ingredients. Taste and adjust.
* Soak kangkong leaves in a bowl of tap water and 1 T salt for few minutes. This water mixture will extract whatever bugs are in every nooks and crannies.