Thursday, March 11, 2010

FISH BANH MI

One of my all time favorite sandwich. I make this sandwich often, i've experimented on various meat filling. Check out my other Banh Mi with pork HERE

Ingredients and "The Fixings"

Bahn Mi sandwich otherwise called French Bread- I buy mine at a Vietnamese Grocery store.
Pickled Carrot and Daikon Relish - recipe below
Fried Fish - I have Mahi Mahi fillets for this sandwich
A tablespoon of liver pate'
Romaine lettuce hearts
Pickled Jalapenos - optional
Cilantro
Mayonnaise- you can mix mayo w/ sriracha or sambal oelek if you want it spicy and hot.



CARROT AND DAIKON RELISH
INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon salt

2 cups julienne daikon (1 medium daikon)

2 cups julienne carrot (2 large carrots)

½ cup white vinegar

½ cup sugar

½ cup water

1 teaspoon salt

Prodecure:

In a bowl, mix the teaspoon of salt, julienned daikon and carrots, squeeze all the liquid out from the daikon and carrot then set aside.

In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, salt and water, stir until sugar is dissolved. Taste and adjust.

Pour the vinegar mix over the daikon and carrots. Mix well and keep chilled.

***The relish can last up to 2 weeks in the ref.

***This is delicious as a side dish for any grilled or fried dishes, as a relish for a sandwich, or for lettuce wraps and many other dishes




2 comments:

  1. Wow, this litterally made me drool! Well, drool wasn't coming out of my mouth but it def filled it up--lol. Sounds really incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, V! This is so easy to make and satisfying..that's why this is one of my fave sandwich. I had to learn how to make them coz these are expensive if you buy them at Vietnamese stores or restaurants.

    ReplyDelete