Thursday, March 18, 2010

EGG ROAST

This is my version  of Paul VJ's recipe, check  Here for his recipe. This is definitely a keeper since we love eggs and ofcourse Indian foods. Thank you Paul for sharing this recipe.

Ingredients:

1 T coconut oil (I used canola oil)
2-3 red medium onions or white onions (sliced thinly)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 t vinegar ( I used Datu Puti- sugar cane vinegar)
2 t salt
1 t chili powder
½ t turmeric powder
2 Curry leaves
pinch of sugar
4-6 hard "boiled" eggs - i prefer calling them hard cooked eggs

Heat up the oil

Add the vinegar, curry leaves, minced garlic, salt, chili powder and turmeric to the onions.

Put this mixture in the oil and caramelize the onions.

Add sugar. Taste and adjust the vinegar or the chili powder.

Place peeled hard cooked eggs on top of the caramelized mixture.

Let it cook for few minutes until eggs get the turmeric yellowish color.

 





2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love eggs and Indian food too! Will definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chef_D. I've made them again=;) It's another and better way of preparing your hard cooked eggs. Let me know how yours went.

    ReplyDelete