Y: 1 Quart
2 medium sized ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted (I suggest Asian mangoes, they are sweeter and not fibrous as the greenish/reddish mangoes we see at the grocery stores)
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
2/3 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
1. Puree one mango and finely chop the other mango. Put in separate bowls.
2. Lightly whisk egg yolks in a pan.
3. Add sugar in the pan and mix well.
4. Gradually add milk and mix it well.
5. Put the pan on low heat and heat the mixture, stirring constantly.
6.When the mixture is thickened, remove the pan from the heat.
7. Soak the bottom of the pan in ice water and cool the mixture.
8. Add the mango puree in the egg mixture and mix well.
9. Add whipped cream in the mixture and stir gently.
10. Fold in the chopped mangoes and stir gently.
11. Pour the mixture in an ice cream maker, following the manufacturers instructions. Freeze until firm.
Egg and Cream Mixture/ Mango Puree
Mango Ice Cream oh so yummy!